As many as 65,000 new jobs by 2025. You have the talent, we can assist with the skills.
The future of skills requirements in the food and beverage industry is closely tethered to the future of innovation and trends. Imagine the future of food from both a production and consumer perspective to better understand the organizational and occupational skills needed.
A number of trends will predominate in the future.
Products & Labelling
- Food Transparency
- More Good Fats, Less Sugar
- High Protein & Alternative Protein Sources
- New, Unusual & Global Flavour Profiles
- Increasing Automation
- Novel Technologies/New Applications
- Biotechnology & Nanotechnology
- Data and Data Collection
- Increased Competition and Consolidation
- Increased Cost of Inputs/Ingredients
- Global Market Uncertainty
- Regulations vs. Innovation
- Sustainability & Social Responsibility
- Acceleration of Consumer Intelligence Technology
- Food Information & Tools Available to Consumers
- Protection of Customer Data
- New Sales Relationships
These trends will require new and transferable skills and knowledge.
- Critical thinking
- Product Developers
- Automation & Technology
- Food Scientists
- Mechanical & Digital
- Food Safety
Interested in learning more? Check out Future Skills in Food Processing – Roundtable Report Identifying the Skills of Tomorrow.
FOOD PROCESSING SKILLS CANADA
Be innovative. Be creative. Be trained.